Good Intentions and Christmas Break
Christmas Break starts as soon as school lets out today! During that time, I will be taking a vacation from paid sewing, but I still have a giant box of good intentions that I’ve collected over the decades.
- An apron I started for my sister 3 or 4 years ago—I can’t remember which;
- Pajamas for my son; the pieces have been cut for two years, so, er… those will be going to another little boy;
- Quilt squares along with grand visions of beautiful hand-stitched quilts on my children’s beds;
- Enough flannel to provide our town with baby blankets;
- Lots of patterns with fabric to go with them;
- Fleece for a jacket;
- Leftover bits of fabric to make stuffed animals or bags…
You get the idea.
Well, I’ve lived long enough to realize I won’t finish everything in the box over the break, but I do have a few goals:
- Make Christmas Eve pajamas for my little kiddos;
- Sew a skirt for me (using fabric and patterns I already have);
- FINISH the aprons I started for my sisters and give them away;
- Reupholster my dining room chairs (that’s a tall order, but I have all the fabric already).
I’ll let you know how it goes.